Road Mole Circular Repairs for Potholes & Ironworks
(Please note the Road Mole has been updated since the filming of this video)
Road Mole is an innovative prototype all-in-one circular repair machine for permanent repairs of potholes and ironworks. Road Mole’s revolutionary patent pending technology completely removes the pothole and damaged surrounding area, providing a clean, precision cut circle shape cavity for better compaction of ashphalt. The area is cut out, spoil is removed and replaced with fresh like for like asphalt then rolled resulting in a permanent equal density repair.
Road Mole’s circular repair method ensures the pothole does not reoccur, making it a first time right, permanent repair. We have focused our design on aiding asphalt operatives by eliminating HAVS (Hand – Arm Vibration Syndrome) for standard repairs. HAVS is a debilitating condition that can incur after prolonged use of vibrating tools. Road Mole has achieved this by using a remote control to operate the machine and ensures that whilst cutting, it protects against dust and flying fragments with the use of a cowling. Road Mole is able to work 24/7 therefore noise factor was also a priority in the build. We believe safety is top priority.
All Road Mole circular repairs undertaken over six years ago are still sound.
CSJ Civil & Mechanical Engineering Ltd is supplying this unique repair using Road Mole and has successfully completed trials on the Area 12 road network. Road Mole has been recognised by Aone + for best practice working methods on the Considerate Construction Scheme – Best Practice Hub .
We aim to set a precedent by improving the way potholes are repaired and believe standardisation across the country is the key to solving the pothole crisis.
Road Mole has many benefits some are listed:-
Proven 6+years longevity
- More durable and sustainable than traditional repairs
- Proven longevity
- Prolongs life of road
- Completely removes the pothole and damaged area
- Zero failures
SAFE for operators and road users
- Safer working method
- Safer Network – reducing KSI (Killed or seriously injured) on the SRN (Stategic Road Network)
- Eliminates HAVS for standard repairs
- No debris or flying fragments, minimal dust & low noise, protective cowling.
- Remote controlled
- Standard materials used – like for like reinstatement
- 20% Less asphalt required – councils able to record and forecast asphalt usage leading to major savings
- All weather conditions 24/7
- Reduce insurance claims due to accidents caused by potholes saving the country £millions
- Efficient – Cost saving on capital expenditure
- Robust first fix solution
- One time permanent repair– no repeated repairs resulting in less disturbance with traffic management.
Improves road user satisfaction
- Improves customer experience
- Better ride quality solution
- Avoids repeated road closes to visit same defect
Precision cut to depth
- Allow for intricate work on utilities
- Removes damaged area
- Enables more accurate financial forecasts for asphalt usage etc.
- Clean, precision cut circle cavity resulting in equal density compaction of asphalt
- Preserves underlying cobbled streets
Repairs around cats eyes and ironworks
- Precision circle cut around cats eyes and ironworks
Road Mole undertakes a safe sustainable method of repair. This method can be adopted throughout the country to ensure standardised safer working practices, whilst maintaining longevity of repairs to potholes.
We understand that each client has different requirements and budgets therefore we offer bespoke packages including smaller systems.
For further information please contact:-
CSJ Civil & Mechanical Engineering Ltd
Specialists in Road Mole circular pothole, ironworks & utility repairs.
Tel: +44 (0151) 606 0070
© 2018 Road Mole™ Circular Pothole Repairs. All Rights Reserved.
CSJ Civil & Mechanical Engineering Ltd Company No. 05225148